A very general Predicate. (prevents proc1
proc2) means that proc1 prevents the occurrence of proc2. In other
words, if proc1 is occurring in a particular time and place, proc2
cannot occur at the same time and place. For example, innoculating
prevents contracting disease. Note that this is a relation between types
of Processes, not between instances.
SUMO / BASE-ONTOLOGY
before or equal
connected engineering components
equivalence relation on
expressed in language
greater than or equal to
in scope of interest
less than or equal to
partial ordering on
related internal concept
subsumes content class
subsumes content instance
successor attribute closure
total ordering on
prevents(subclass Processo, subclass Processo)
Related WordNet synsets
See more related synsets on a separate page.
- prevention, bar
- the act of preventing
- the act of preventing something from occurring; "averting danger was his responsibility"
- control by preventing the occurrence of something; "money was allocated to study the cause and prevention of influenza"
- prevent, keep
- prevent from doing something or being in a certain state; "We must prevent the cancer from spreading"
- prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- keep from happening of arising; have the effect of preventing; "My sense of tact forbids an honest answer"
prevents é interamente correlato a inhibits.
(relatedInternalConcept prevents inhibits)
- se proc1 impedisce l'occorrenza di proc2,
- allora per ogni time,place vale: se "esiste proc1 inst1 tale che inst1 é localizzato in place" vales durante time, allora "esiste proc2 inst2 tale che inst2 é localizzato in place" non vale durante time.
(prevents ?PROC1 ?PROC2)
(instance ?INST1 ?PROC1)
(located ?INST1 ?PLACE))))
(instance ?INST2 ?PROC2)
(located ?INST2 ?PLACE))))))))