family relation (familyRelation)
A very general Predicate for biological
relationships. (familyRelation organism1 organism2) means that
organism1 and organism2 are biologically derived from a common ancestor.
SUMO / OBJECTS
before or equal
equivalence relation on
equivalent content class
equivalent content instance
expressed in language
greater than or equal to
in scope of interest
less than or equal to
partial ordering on
related internal concept
subsumes content class
subsumes content instance
successor attribute closure
total ordering on
Related WordNet synsets
See more related synsets on a separate page.
- relative, congener, congenator
- an animal or plant that bears a relationship to another (as related by common descent or by membership in the same genus)
- blood relation, blood relative, cognate, sib
- one related by blood or origin; especially on sharing an ancestor with another
- kin, kinsperson, family
- a person having kinship with another or others; "he's kin"; "he's family"
- relating to or having the characteristics of a family; "children of the same familial background"; "familial aggregation"
(instance ?GROUP FamilyGroup)
(member ?MEMB1 ?GROUP)
(member ?MEMB2 ?GROUP))
(familyRelation ?MEMB1 ?MEMB2))))
If organism1 and organism2 are related, then there exists organism3 so that organism3 and organism1 are related and organism3 and organism2 are related.
(familyRelation ?ORGANISM1 ?ORGANISM2)
(familyRelation ?ORGANISM3 ?ORGANISM1)
(familyRelation ?ORGANISM3 ?ORGANISM2))))