The subclass of Perception in which the
sensing is done by an olefactory Organ.
SUMO / PROCESSES
Related WordNet synsets
See more related synsets on a separate page.
- smell, smelling
- the act of perceiving the odor of something
- sniff, snuff
- sensing an odor by inhaling through the nose
- smell, odor, odour, olfactory sensation, olfactory perception
- the sensation that results when olfactory receptors in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals in gaseous form; "she loved the smell of roses"
- inhale the odor of; perceive by the olfactory sense
If smell is an instance of smelling and obj is a patient of smell, then there exists olfactory attribute attr so that attr is an attribute of obj.
(instance ?SMELL Smelling)
(patient ?SMELL ?OBJ))
(instance ?ATTR OlfactoryAttribute)
(attribute ?OBJ ?ATTR))))