This Attribute applies to Organisms that are
SUMO / QUALITIES
Related WordNet synsets
See more related synsets on a separate page.
- dead animal
- an animal that is no longer alive
- inanimateness, lifelessness
- not having life
- the inanimate property of something that has died
- lacking consciousness or ability to perceive sensations
- rest, eternal rest, sleep, eternal sleep, quietus
- euphemisms for death (based on an analogy between lying in a bed and in a tomb); "she was laid to rest beside her husband"; "they had to put their family pet to sleep"
- the absence of life or state of being dead; "he seemed more content in death than he had ever been in life"
- asleep(p), at peace(p), at rest(p), deceased, departed, gone
- (euphemistic) "he is deceased"; "our dear departed friend"
- no longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life; "the nerve is dead"; "a dead pallor"; "he was marked as a dead man by the assassin"
- lifeless, exanimate
- deprived of life; no longer living; "a lifeless body"
- in the sleep of death
If death is an instance of death and agent experiences death, then dead is an attribute of agent after "the time of existence of death".
(instance ?DEATH Death)
(experiencer ?DEATH ?AGENT))
(attribute ?AGENT Dead)))
If kill is an instance of killing and patient is a patient of kill, then living is an attribute of patient immediately before "the time of existence of kill" and dead is an attribute of patient after "the time of existence of kill".
(instance ?KILL Killing)
(patient ?KILL ?PATIENT))
(attribute ?PATIENT Living))
(attribute ?PATIENT Dead))))
exhaustive attribute(animacy attribute,living,dead) holds.
(exhaustiveAttribute AnimacyAttribute Living Dead)
dead is opposed to living.
(contraryAttribute Dead Living)